Maximize your business potential with Google Trends
As the world’s leading search engine, Google has a wealth of information about what users are searching for on the web. Their data aggregation tool, Google Trends, can provide valuable insights for your business. In this article, we’ll explore how you can use this free tool for keyword research, competitive analysis, and more.
Bottom Line: Don’t miss out on valuable insights. Google Trends can help you stay ahead of the game on market trends and maximize your business potential in an ecommerce landscape.
What is Google Trends?
Google Trends is a website that shares anonymous, aggregated data about web search activity. It measures the relative volume of search queries over time, stretching back to 2004. Keep in mind, however, that Google Trends only provides relative search volume, not absolute search volume. To learn more, check out the Google Trends website.
How to use Google Trends for your business:
Google Trends can do much more than just track popular searches. Here are some ways it can help improve your business:
- Plan ahead for seasonal marketing: Google Trends provides real-time data that can help you pinpoint searches around events or how searches change over time, allowing you to plan ahead for seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Find the best day of the week to run ads and publish content: Use Google Trends to see if your search term performs better on certain days of the week.
- Use regional insights to create valuable content: By selecting specific locations, you can gain more detailed search volume data to improve the targeting of your advertising and content marketing efforts.
- Identify additional keywords: Explore related search topics to conduct keyword research for SEO.
- Discover breakout queries: Identify newly popular keywords that experienced short-term growth, potentially making them an important part of your SEO strategy.
- Find the right phrasing: Use Google Trends’ “compare” feature to determine the best phrasing for your search term.
- Optimize marketing by channel: Refine search volume data based on different types of searches, such as image search, news search, shopping search, and YouTube search.
- Understand your competitors: Compare different search terms to better understand your niche and improve your marketing efforts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Google Trends free?
Yes, Google launched Trends in 2006 as a free tool for the general public.
Is Google Trends accurate?
Google Trends data is accurate, but it doesn’t provide absolute search volume. It uses a sample of searches and is not a perfect mirror of search activity.
Does Google Trends provide international data?
Google Trends data shows global search queries, making it a solid option for international data.
How does Google Trends determine search popularity?
Google Trends takes a random sample of daily searches for a particular query, translating that sample into a number out of 100. The term with the highest search volume at a particular moment in time is the benchmark for 100, and every other query’s popularity is shown relative to the most popular search.