An info product is a short form the phrase “Information Product” which basically refers to knowledge about a certain something that is packaged in an easily digestible way and then sold to people for money This is quite a booming part of the online industry right now, as buying a $10-$15 info product could potentially save hours of people who are trying to learn skills by themselves. Or trying to figure something out. It also has to lead to many people saving thousands of dollars through teaching them techniques that are more optimal. And telling them of the places where the seller of the info product got his deal done from.
Building info products can be quite easy and their reward could be quite awesome and recurring. If it is a field that you work in, know a lot about and have learned a lot about it through the hard way. ( Spending hours and hours on research & educating yourself ) you probably know about it quite a fair amount.
And alot of people out there would gain quite alot of value if you just make a series of videos with some attached files as. This would save them the needless hours that they would have to waste. And for you, it could open up another stream of income. The fun part about this is that you can make an info product within a day or two if you already have everything. And that can possibly lead you to earn thousands of dollars in reward
eCommerce and Info Products
If you have an already set-up eCommerce site, that gets you a good amount of traffic each month ( at least 30,000 to 40,000 visitors each month, it isn’t recommended to make an info product if you have lower traffic then that mark), You can make an info product related to the niche that you are work with. Let’s learn more about this through an example.
Let’s say you own a site about fishing, where you earn through affiliate and adds. And you, yourself have had quite a few fishing experiences that you share with your audience along with targeting the right keywords to get loads of traffic. You could possibly make out “A complete guide about fishing for beginners” that you could probably sell. But be too hasty and greedy about the price. When it comes to Info products its best to be in the $15 to $30, it can vary a little depending on what you are working with
Types of Info products
There are quite a lot of various ways in which one could format info products. Let’s look into a few of them
- A set of well-managed videos
- Online courses
- Reports and analysis
- Templates and teardowns
- Live events
- Live event recording and recaps
Before the age fo the internet, this was done in the form of selling DVDs about the stuff that you want to teach. But the internet has made it way easier to sell. And it actually doesn’t even cost much. And sometimes even nothing.
How to make an Info Product?
Making an info product is way more than just making random videos or writing things out off of the top of your head. And even if you already run a niche eCommerce store, about which you are thinking of making the info product, it might still prove to be quite hard. The problems that one may encounter whilst making an info product vary according to the type of the info product that you are trying to make. But don’t worry, you can also charge more for the products that take more of an investment. And struggle on your behalf. Let’s look into a few of them, how much you should sell them for, how much time some of them actually take
- Ebooks: This is a relatively easy form of an info product as you just have to put together the related things that you probably already know. And if you already have the content. this could do it in an afternoon. An estimated price fo them should be between $5to $20 depending on their elaborateness
- Online Courses: These are video-oriented courses that can be just 10 clips of a few minute or an elaborate list of videos. Online courses usually take more time investment then Ebooks. The time investment varies depending on the site. And some people even sell these for over a thousand dollars. But we suggest that you keep the price lower then $50, especially if you are new in the industry. A very important thing to keep in mind whilst pricing your info product is you audience
- Membership Subscriptions: This can be quite a tricky set-up
- Memberships can be tricky to set up – and some work to get people to stick around. But you can usually charge people a monthly fee, sometimes in the hundreds of dollars
An important point to note
each and every thing that any info product product provides can be found for free over the internet, if one spends enough time researching, that is. The only reason why people actually buy info products is becauese it takes the hustle out of the way. And saves them hours that they would have had to spend researching and learning. So your main objective is delivering that information in a well packaged manner and thats about it
So, to conclude making your content easily comprehensible and getting as much meaty of a content that you can serve in a way that each and every person going through your product knows and understands it completely should be the optimal goal. Packaging it in a way ( in easy to understand steps and chapters ) is very important. And is rather one of the most important that you need to keep in mind if you want your info product to be a success, and something that you can keep earning year on end from.
Moreover, if you plan on keep on earning the money that you are through info products then keeping your products updated as the trends change as new things surface can also be quite vital. And something you would definitely need to consider and do every few months
Various ways that Info product can help you
First of all, along with making you money, it also develops your authority in the site of a normal viewer. Butt it would actually be quite helpful if you decide to strategize the method in which you market and sell your info products and most importantly what things that must be there when it comes to their content. Some of the things that your info product must do are
- First and foremost, give your audience some great content value providing content ( This is obviously the most crucial part as your content would be the flag-bearer of what you advocate in a lot of ways
- Connect with the audience
- Help people actually get started with what you are teaching. Like, take them through each and every step until you know that they are where they want to be. And share with them the tricks of the trade or whatever it is you are selling
- Get people actual results. There are a lot of info products out there that don’t provide al ot of value, cost $50, and just provide vague information. This is very detrimental in the long run for your platform. And your site might actually be regarded as a scam if you do this often, SO you need to be very careful about the content of your info product because as we said it, it is going to be the advocate of your brand in the eyes of other
Lets quickly dive into and give a brief look into how these products are made
Making an Ebook
- You start off by assembling the content and editing it to the right and easily digestible proportions
- After being done with the content of the ebook, convert your content into a pdf by using any of the free services provided online
- Use Canve to com up with a beautiful and interactive cover and also come up with a suitable and attractive name for your ebook
- After being done with the above steps, get started with setting up a secure payment system. This could be done through a stripe membership platforms like Podia or Wishlist. This process takes near about 3 to 4 hours. And you could also set your payment method through Paypal, which would take you less than half an hour
Making an Online Course
- Getting things set up for shooting the right type of video, and deciding the length and other basic stuff of the video. This could take a whole day to set up. But do try to get a single sample out in your first day as it would really help you notice your mistake and how things should actually be happening
- Then comes the part of writing the script of the videos you are about to shoot. You could write your script as you go on making those videos or make them all up in one go. We suggest you to make them as you go, as this gives you a better chance of adapting and better flexibility over the work that you do. This could take anywhere from a day to a week
- Then you could either use a paid platform like Vidyoze or some other platforms like Camtasia to add further touches to what you are doing. This only takes a few hours to get familiar with the platform if you are using one. This part could also be sorted in a few days time
- Then you market your info product on your site through writing posts, contacting your email list, or even using pop-ups. And that’s about it. After doing all this, you just wait for the magic will happen. It won’t be drastic, but coins will start rolling
One of the most important parts of recording a webinar is the level of interaction that you have with your audience. It takes nearly a week to set-up the product by using a webinar hosting tool like WebinarJam. You can also keep selling the recorded version of the webinar for a lower price if you want that
It takes nearly over a week to get everything set for Membership sites. For those of you who don’t know ” Membership sites” basically refers to a gate you create within your site, that only paid members can access. This is basically making a part of your site accessible only to paid subscribers. Moreover, a membership site can be paid or free or a mix of both.
Down below is a helpful video that would help you make info products that actually help people with their problems
Selling Info Products
After getting does 2ith making info products, you have to sell them, otherwise what worth does all those hours spend making them have. There is no doubt that the content of your info product is going to be the main reason for its success. But another very important aspect of info products that lags just right along with info product is Marketing those products the right way. And obviously the biggest and the only way for you to go is digital marketing ( Basically marketing on nine platforms like Instagram and other social media)
Digital Marketing doesn’t only revolve around social media. But also sending emails to your email list along with trying out affiliate marketing. For those of you who don’t know Affiliate Marketing is basically promoting other peoples’ products on your site and getting a commission if the product is actually sold through your reference. This would be what other people would be doing for you and you would be paying a commission ( whatever percentage you decide) to them on each and every sale you make through their referral
Moreover, the commission can be up to 75% for some products, but need not be that high for your products. But, it is surely something that has potential and one of the major ways that most of the already set online businesses make their money. Conclusively this is definitely something that you should look into for promoting your services. And also just as another intriguing online business model that you should know. Let’s look a bit more into how it actually works
How does Affiliate Marketing work?
Well, businesses, as we all know, need, and have to promote their products. Whereas, affiliate marketers do a very good job at promoting those products as they are trusted in their specific niches. So, basically they will plant a link with some descriptions on their websites promoting the specified product. Which, when clicked on, will open a new page from where they can actually buy the product.
When people click on the link, a cookie is stored on their device and the cookie contributes two main functions
- It helps the business know from which affiliate this customer come through and who must be rewarded in case of an actual sale
- It has an expiration date, which means people don’t need to buy the product immediately for you to get credit. For example, let’s say, someone, clicked through your link to buy a speaker. But they had to run to the grocery store and get some other things done. They get back after a few hours and buy the speaker along with headphones. The affiliate marketer will get compensation for the speaker as well as the headphones. Even though he/she wasn’t even promoting the headphones.
If you want to learn more about Affiliate marketing, Neil Patel has a great article written on just that. So do give it a look, if you’re interested “Affiliate Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide“
Now that we have discussed in-depth about info products and how to set them up. Lets look a bit into, some of the biggest info products out there.
Example of some successful info Businesses
These are entire businesses based on selling services, and your info products are a huge success. Making such sites might also be a good idea
This teaches people about making money through dropshipping. For those of you who don’t know, Dropshipping is a business model where you sell physical products to the consumer, except the products aren’t yours. You give the order to a supplier who fulfills the order and you only act as an intermediary. The infographic below might help you in understanding a little more.
Lets elaborate, let’s say you have been thinking about opening your own online business. But you don’t know where to start.
You don’t know what you should sell, you don’t have any money to invest in products and finally not even any space for inventory. Well, that’s where drop shipping comes in. To further explain, with drop shipping you can sell products with them never being in your hand. All you need is a computer, an online store, and a basic understanding of how to market and sell online.
Here is how it works
First, you find what you want to sell from a supplier and enlist that product on your website at a price you set which is higher than the suppliers’ price as it also includes your profit margin. Next, when someone places an order for that product, your customer pays you the price that you had set which leads to you making a profit. Then, you will place the order with your supplier at the wholesale price and have it shipped directly to your customer.
For instance, let’s say you found a pair of shoes on a supplier’s website for $100. You would then list it on your own website for $150. Afterwards, when the order comes through your website, you would then place your order with your suppliers providing them with your customer’s information. Hence a $ 50 profit for you, after the product is shipped directly to your customer. Surprising as it sounds that’s about it.
And that right there is the basic crux of what they are taught. This platform takes people through each and eer ery step of drospihpping that get paid in return. To elaborate, the success that one could see through such platforms, this platforms is worth over $1,852,000 , so this is definitely something that you can get serious about
This is a online business where people come and pay a monthly recurring subscription fee to access a forum filled with advanced Amazon FBA business owners, who can then mastermind with each other by sharing advice, tips, and strategies. So this is basically a platform that connects people. And is rather unusual for an info products as hishost of the value being provided on this platforms is by the users themselves
A few disadvantages of info products
- There might be a lot of people asking for a refund. And you would have to setup a calid system to cater with that. The refund asking is way higher when it comes to info products then physical products.
- There might be people who ask for their money back after going through your whole product/service. And just try to misuse your position. You need to come up with a relevant plan for these kinds of people
- There might be a lot of questions that your customers might want to ask you after going through your info product. And you would have to provide them an email or something of that sort. so their problems can be sorted. iout. But it is recommended that you don’t include this within your info product, as this is just not worth it. Until unless you are a whole info product-oriented site like Dropshiplifestyle, the one we just discussed above. What you can do however is connect the users of the info products through a platform like a facebook group, where they can share and talk to each other about what problems they might be facing
- Keeping the Info Product updated: If you want to have a permanent passive income stream from info products, you need to keep the stuff you tell in your info pdroduct updated, as times and technology changes each and every pa nassing month. There might not be any big changes in what you are selling. But, you still need to keep ant eye out. And if there is something new that your customers would benefit from knowing. You will need to update your info product. s other wise your info product will become ancient. And die after some time. So feel free to dive in and update every few months
A must know for info-products Sellers
As an info product seller, you have to make the buyer of the product feel as safe and secure as he possibly can be. A way of doing this is by pointing out the average refund rate that you have with your products, as this is something a buyer is going to want to know. Completely telling who this guide/info product would be most suited to. Moreover, you also want to keep posing quality content on your actual website that provides actual value. So that the buyers feel more and more comfortable knowing that you are actually someone who could provide value. The main point is to make the potential buyer think the following way. “If he/she provides this much value for free, how informative would be his/her info product. And how much more value would that provide
Hopefully, this article was helpful in educating you about info product if you have any related questions
Hopefully, this article was helpful in informing you about cloud computing more and cleared you of some of your queries regarding cloud computing if you have any further info-product related questions that you would like to ask. Feel free to ask in the comment section below. And if you are interested in learning more about digital marketing, as it can play a big role while promoting your info product We have a great article on just that so do give it a click if you are interested “Why is digital marketing important? 2020‘